The objective of Los Osos Middle School is to establish a successful educational environment. In order to do this, students must attend school daily.
Call our 24-hour telephone message service at 805.534.2837 to report an absence.
It is the parent's/guardian's responsibility to contact the school by 10am on the day the student is absent. Please leave the following details when leaving a message:
1) The student’s name
2) Date(s) and/or periods of absence
3) Reason for absence (please be specific)
4) Name of caller and relationship to student
5) Daytime phone number of caller
- Failure to verify an absence within 24 hours , by indicating the day(s), date(s), and reason will result in a truancy/cut and detentions assigned accordingly.
- Students are responsible for completing missing assignments. The time allowed to make up work is equal to the time of the absence, for excused absences only .
Anne Marie Hoffman
When a child has persistent problems in school relating to truancy, attendance, or behavior, and when traditional avenues of classroom, school, or district guidance and intervention do not resolve the situation, school district and county resources are brought together to form the Student Attendance Review Board (SARB). The purpose is to focus on the child’s needs, and to review the case, make recommendations, including possible change of school placement, and formalize referrals for programs and services, which will facilitate student success in the educational setting.