Students navigating middle school are faced with big transitions in social and emotional growth, academic rigor and pressure to succeed, finding and negotiating new and old relationships with friends and teachers, social pressures and preparing to launch into high school. Some students are faced with home environments that aren't always easy, or simply don't exist The complications of being a teenager can, at times, seem infinitely challenging.
The Los Osos Middle School counseling department and our district support staff are here to help with all of these big things. From resources to making sure kids are safe and as healthy as possible, to being an advocate or a shoulder to cry on.
Students and families are always encouraged to work closely with our counselors as everyone traverses teenagdom at LOMS. You are always welcome, and we are always here. Our prime objective is to create a culture of care in all we do.
Helpful Links & Resources
- Virtual Calm Room
- Family Care Network
- Family Health Services Low cost health, dental and vision insurance for children and teens.
- Food Bank Assistance Locations in Los Osos, Morro Bay and San Luis Obispo offering meals and emergency food.
- Parent Connection of San Luis Obispo County An online family resource center with a current list of parenting classes and support services in SLO County.
- Transitions-Mental Health Association Helping children and adults live, work and grow in our community.
- SLO Hotline Crisis intervention and information about community resources 24 hours a day.
- Stop Bullying Website Resources for kids and adults to learn about bullying and ways to stop it.
- California Suicide and Crisis Hotlines Crisis counselors available 24 hours a day.
- Teen Health and Wellness Bookshelf (password: parent)
Single Hero Image interior pages
Counseling Support Staff
(PEI) Prevention and Early Intervention Counselor
Lindsey Dela Cruz
Psychologist - CEP